Birth Doula Services
Support through pregnancy, labor and postpartum
Set up a free consultation – Contact Me
- All services begin with a complimentary consultation. This gives us a chance to meet up, get to know one another a bit, and see if we are a good match – which I’m sure we will be!
- Two prenatal meetings in which we will discuss your ideal birth, how your pregnancy is progressing, and how we can work together to prepare for your positive birth experience. We will discuss your preferences in birth options and comfort measures as well as your preferences for newborn and postpartum care. In these meetings I am also happy to review your birth plan with you. I like to provide families with books and articles to help them find the information they need to confidently make decisions.
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout your pregnancy.
Labor & Birth
- On call for labor support two weeks prior to and two weeks after your due date.
- Continuous emotional, physical, and informational support for you and your partner throughout your labor. Assisting with comfort measures, breathing, positioning, massage, and other relaxation techniques.
- Present for at least 1-2 hours after your birth to help establish bonding with your newest family member and ensure a successful start to breastfeeding.
- A postpartum visit after about one week where we can discuss your birth and any questions or issues you may be having. At this visit I also love to provide families with a written birth story and photographs of their birth if they so choose.
- I’m also available by phone and email for the first six weeks after your birth should any questions or issues arise in that time.
*Please don’t let my fees discourage you from contacting me. I feel passionately that every family should have the support they desire, and I’m more than happy to work with you and help you afford a doula.
Additional Prenatal/Postpartum Meetings: Let me know if you would like to set up additional meetings – I would love to set up an additional meeting to help you draft a birth plan or to help you and your partner practice different comfort measures and relaxation techniques. It is my goal to help you be as prepared as possible so that you can enter into your birth with confidence.
Why Should You Hire a Doula?
To read about some of the benefits of hiring a doula, check out this article on my blog: 7 Reasons You Should Hire a Doula
Contact me – I’d love to meet with you or answer any questions you may have!